If you have decided to go with a low-carbohydrate diet, there will surely be times when you miss having pizza, pasta, and other grain-filled tastiness. Macaroni and cheese is one such beloved dish almost everybody enjoys. This recipe substitutes noodles with cauliflower and adds bacon to kick up the flavor. Even those without any dietary restrictions will love this one.
- 8 ounces bacon
- 16 ounce bag small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag pork rinds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon while using a fork and knife to slice it into small bits. Cook until browned.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, bacon, cheese, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and put the pan in the oven.
- Let it bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the mac and cheese from the oven and set on a hot pad.
- Hand-crumble several pork rinds over the mac and cheese. Use more or less to your liking.