Meatloaf would normally be prepared with breading or wheat flour, but this recipe makes a substitution using almond flour to make it grain-free. In addition, a skillet is used in place of loaf baking pan. The tomato sauce topping wonderfully compliments the rest of the dish with a savory flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 8oz can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mince the onion and garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the beef, onion, garlic, almond flour, oregano, parsley flakes, salt, and baking soda into the bowl. Mix together until uniform.
- Coat the skillet with melted ghee then add the meat mixture, fitting to the shape of the skillet.
- Put the skillet in the oven for 45 minutes. The internal temperature of the loaf should read at least 160° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, maple syrup, and water.
- After removing the skillet from the oven, coat the top of the meatloaf with the tomato mixture.