This warm and gooey combination is satisfying in so many ways. The saltiness paired with the sweet caramel really gets the taste buds excited. This recipe will become an instant classic to those who have never tried it before. If you're a fan of caramel rolls, consider adding chopped walnuts as a topping to this dessert.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Mix the flour and baking powder into a coffee mug until uniform.
- Add 4 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and egg yolk. Mix until uniform.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, salt, 3 teaspoons milk, and 3 teaspoons melted butter to make the caramel sauce.
- Add half the caramel sauce into the batter and mix.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Let the mug cool for a minute.
- Pour the remaining caramel sauce on top of the cake.